Thread: Gorge Fly Shop
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 12:37 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Gorge Fly Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Pitt View Post
I have grown to really dislike most of the Fly Shops I have visited. Many of them won't talk to you unless you are wearing the best of Columbia or won't talk anything but Bone fish etc and we live in Alberta. They are snobotoriums for the most part
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I definitely got the "your type ain't welcome here" vibe.
I get it all the time. My favorite is "Are you just looking today?". My favorite shop was the Fly Hatch back in NJ, I got the same treatment in there the first time around too but back at that time there were very few shops in that area so they gotta lot of "lookers". It didn't take long for that vibe to change. They've moved to Fla now but out here and sometimes while in Pa I get the "here's another one" look from some guy in a pink vented shirt behind the counter. One of the shops I do like around here its hit or miss, sometimes the guy remembers you and you can't get the conversation to stop, other times its like you've interrupted him and its an annoyance for him to ring you up.