Thread: Gorge Fly Shop
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 02:55 PM

coug will become famous soon enoughcoug will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Gorge Fly Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
I'm scratching my head here if this is 'the' Gorge Fly shop that I know; on the Columbia River for a lack of a better 'here's where its at.'

This shop has a heck of a positive following, even in the UK. Yes, you 'read me right,' the UK. One of the few that will take the time to actually walk to the Post Office and send off a package. (Flyfishusa is another, I'm (yes me) the next biggest shipper to the UK)

May we ask for what prompted this post up?

fae
Well I am going to chime in here because I have done a lot of business with the gorge fly shop (and also flyfishusa) and never had a problem. Any problems with order or satisfaction have been taken care of with a phone call or an email. I live in E.WA right on the ID border and the nearest shop is over an hour away, so I do most of my business over the internet. Those two shops are among my favorites. I have had the chance to visit both when I make trips over to the liberal side of the OR and WA and can also say that the staffs of both shops are first rate. On one of those trips I bought a part for my pontoon but found out it was the wrong one when I got home. They exchanged it straight up for the correct part even though the correct one was $8 or $9 more. That is the kind of thing that keeps me going back.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but I guess I am surprised they did not let you return it for your money back?