View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 02:01 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring is almost here

Sorry to hear you have the flu JP. Get well soon so you can get us a photo of a 5 pound chub.

The fish I mentioned in my previous post. Here is Fred's 40 1/2" Pike. The bite has one side clearly visible on the side. The other side of the bite in on the back of the gill plate and is harder to see in the photo.
Click the image to open in full size.

The 38 1/2" Pike one tried to eat is the next photo. This is the good looking side. The long bottom jaw teeth punched holes and made slices all over the fish. I wish I had taken a shot of the ugly side. The plates full of small teeth in the upper jaw yanked big chunks of skin off the other side. It was a mess. They are tough fish though. I've seen healed stuff that was way worse.
It's hard to see most of it in this photo, but that line by the dorsal fin is a slice. There are two on it's back above my fingers. There were holes and cuts from it's dorsal fin to just behind the gill plate.

The next one is a small one I hooked that the biggest Pike I have ever had on (or dang close to it) grabbed. I have doubts as to it's survival. It was pretty abused.

On a side note, I went from -21 to + 27 in about four hours. That's almost a 50 degree swing. It was only that warm for about half an hour. It's +6 right now. Hey! At least it's above zero!