View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 08:56 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Advice on road selection TFOs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallee View Post
I really appreciate it guys. Seems from the comments they are for sure "not about the same"

I really wish I could try them but all our fly shops were ran out of business when Academy and Gander Mountain came in to town and if you've been to either you know fly fishing equipment is very marginal at best.

I think I'm going to try and find a shop in the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex where I can cast them both.

Kind of thinking now that the finesse might not work. If I can only get 45' cast which is only 15 yards, I don't think that will work on some of the ponds I fish where I am standing on the bank.
I agree, stores like Gander Mt don't have a decent fly rod selection.

Also if you need any sort of distance 45' + a 1 or 2 wt would not fit the bill. Even a 3wt IMO loses effectiveness and some accuracy at 50+ feet. Personally I don't find the ability to get extra distance until I get in to my 4wts.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson