View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:22 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tell me what you guys think..

Nice work!

You are off to a great start and those will catch you some fish for sure. I have found in the wire wrapped flies for the two tone ones they wrap tightly more easily than the single strand like your brassie there.

Best tip I read was Charlie Cravens , after your first wrap of wire is complete , hold tension on the wire back towards the curved part of the hook as you wrap forward. This really helped me get tighter wraps on copper johns and brassies. Holding tension back like that while leveraging a rotary vise really helps.

Hope you don't mind but I'm gonna borrow your copper johnson and deep prince patterns. I tie that deep prince in a red/yellow combo but I like yours a lot

"Snap it" Hank Patterson