View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 01:40 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Lower Mountain Fork

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldeneye View Post
I will fish below the re-reg dam a few times during November and December, but for the most part I'll park and start fishing right below the tail water dam. I like to fish all the way down to the low bridge and all the way back up. One of my favorite places to fish is at the falls in early summer. If you know how to get there it is some of the best fishing on the Mountain Fork, I caught a very small Pike there last year, maybe 6 inches long. I try to stay away from all the tourist if I can. My grandfather was the president of the Weyerhauser Southern Timberlands Unit along the Kiamichi Range; I have maps that most people don't know exist and access to a lot of private land. There isn't an access point that I don't know about, I think.
Indian petroglyphs, burial mounds never touched by white man, caves so large they held dances in the 1800's but now forgotten, spanish silver mines, stone cairns with meanings forever lost, patches of ginseng never harvested and a cold spring creek that can support trout all year. A lot of history in those mountains not found on any map.

Dave