View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 02:34 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring and Pawl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
Often anglers refer to classic Hardy-style reels as well as contemporary reels derived from that concept as being,"click and pawl" reels.
There were never any Hardys in my house. We used blue collar rods and reels.

My "big" reel growing up was Pflueger GEM. I also had a Bristol 65 from the same company that made famous collapsible steel rods. My "little" reel was a Airex Ablette. I had another reel that was also manufactured here in CT (in addition to the Bristol). It has no markings but I was told it was made by some tool & die company in Bridgeport.
That one is a bit of a problem. It's a handsome reel but it needs a new flat spring, and that's something that I'll have to fashion myself .... yet another project that I need to take care of.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

I have a few other spring/pawl reels
The 1990s Martin Classic is certainly a Hardy knock-off and the Cabala's Cahill reel may be too.. I don't remember.
I recently picked up a as-new Medalist 1492 also.