View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Spring and Pawl?

I think Spring & Pawl pretty well covers the genera but my Medalists are not spring & pawl reels. Regarding the tension of this type reel I've seen those with which you could not discern a difference between full on and full off tension. Conversely some are very noticeable, my St. Andrew had a tremendous range of drag as did my Marquis #7. The reels are great for general fishing but once you venture into really big game you may quickly want to convert to disc drags. I've landed some big fish with the spring & pawl reels but would not recommend it to everyone. While it is exciting there is a real feeling of control when I can reach to the back plate of a reel and fine tune the amount of outgoing tension on a 30 pound fish. I love clickers and still buy them. Some are unused but I'm hoping to get them on the water this year.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;