View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spey weight for largemouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
I'm sure they all load well for casting their appropriate lines. But I'm looking for the right wt rod that a 2 or 3lb largemouth can actually bend more than a twitch at the top ferrule.
In my pm to you I gave you my opinion of what would work for your situation. I have an Echo DH 11' 9" 4wt that will work dandy for the fish size you've listed but I won't be tossing the size and type of flies you will be, so.....I still think a 5 or probably more like a 6 is the ticket for you. Both of these rods will give you the feel of the fish your wanting.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*