Thread: Fly Clubs
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 04:54 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly Clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond rush View Post
My experience is that fly fishing clubs are for people who don't fish much. The social aspect is great, but I can't shake the feeling that I'd rather be fishing than talking to people about fishing.
I've been a fly club member since 1978
At first I was a "family member" and felt the exact same way as you..... I'd rather fish than talk about it.
About 20 years ago I started going regularly as it was some of the only time I got spend with my father. It was a good move. There's a lot of local knowledge that I was missing out on.
I got to meet people like Gary LaFontaine, Lefty Kreh, Dave Whitlock, Ernest Schwiebert, Bob Clouser, Jack Gartside, AK Best, and many many more.
I don't go to alot of meetings anymore. It's along drive, especially in the winter. But when I do go I learn stuff, I talk to people with different experiences, I see flies being tied that I'm not familiar with, (I win raffle drawings! )
It's worth it, believe me.