Thread: Fly Clubs
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 06:01 PM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fly Clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond rush View Post
My experience is that fly fishing clubs are for people who don't fish much. The social aspect is great, but I can't shake the feeling that I'd rather be fishing than talking to people about fishing.

It seems that you're talking about a different aspect of the same phenomenon.
Hi.
I realise we aren't as large as you are as The Flyfishers in The US are more in numbers than our population,there are also some always tied up in work & other commitments who only fish on Holidays/Days Off,sometimes.
In all my associations with Clubs especially the one I am involved in we all Fish regularly,both individually & as a group of 4 or 5,sometimes a couple extra.
Another group of guys I see & Fish with also belong to one of The Main Fishing Bodies over here where nearly or all of The guys are in The Australian Flyfishing Team & The Wholesalers/Retailers belong to it,some belong to other Angling Clubs.
Brian.