Thread: Fly Clubs
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 05:01 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fly Clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond rush View Post
My experience is that fly fishing clubs are for people who don't fish much. The social aspect is great, but I can't shake the feeling that I'd rather be fishing than talking to people about fishing.

It seems that you're talking about a different aspect of the same phenomenon.
Hi.
I realise we aren't as large as you are as The Flyfishers in The US are more in numbers than our population,there are also some always tied up in work & other commitments who only fish on Holidays/Days Off,sometimes.
In all my associations with Clubs especially the one I am involved in we all Fish regularly,both individually & as a group of 4 or 5,sometimes a couple extra.
Another group of guys I see & Fish with also belong to one of The Main Fishing Bodies over here where nearly or all of The guys are in The Australian Flyfishing Team & The Wholesalers/Retailers belong to it,some belong to other Angling Clubs.
Brian.