View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 08:31 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Spring and Pawl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
Maybe it's me...
Presque Isle Stream is in (wait for it) Presque Isle
Prestile Stream is in Mars Hill..... there was once an article about it in Flyfisherman magazine so I know this is not a mistake
I've kinda got us off topic here but if you follow the Presque Isle stream on the map it flows from Presque Isle through Mars Hill and crosses into Canada to empty into the Saint John river. The gov't signs on the bridges in Canada all call it "Big Presque Isle stream". I think "Prestile" may have been adapted from the french pronunciation of Presque Isle, which when spoken quickly sounds like "prestile". So, I guess I'm wrong about it being a word massacre seeing that it is listed as the actual name in some documents; always wondered about that.