View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 10:39 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Scoop on LL Bean Fly Rods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I grew up in an LLBean household...... nothing ever came from Orvis.
People of a certain age here in New England will remember it was like the Yankees/Red Sox.
Anyway, Beans has never sold anything that was junk and it was always at a (fairly) reasonable price.
Plus they go way way out of their way to make sure that you're happy. ... to the point of overkill.
I have a sleeping bag that my parents bought at Beans in 1950. I'm sure that if I brought that sleeping bag in and showed them the broken zipper, that they'd replace the whole thing, no questions asked ..... seriously

i remember a few years ago, while i was reviewing beans waders (and,their warranty), reading about a guy who had purchased a backpacking compass in the early 80's from them. when it finally broke 27 years later, he brought it in and they gave him a new compass closest one to the original. no questions, no hassle at all.
thats over the top

casey

ARFE