View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Scoop on LL Bean Fly Rods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
Bean had US made, immersion tech Gore-Tex waders with neoprene yolk suspenders at that time that actually out classed the Simms of the day.
They had to be the 'Wicked Tough Waders', were they? I got a pair of them in the 90's and abused them until the feet wore out here in Alaska in 2011. When I contacted Bean to see if they could give me the manufacturer they said that they did not know! I pressed the issue more or less asking the rep how they could have sold the waders for years but not know where they got them. He became rather flippant with me and told me that after 15 years it was time I bought new waders.

The heck of it is that the only thing wrong with the waders was that the neoprene booties were so worn that I couldn't hold them together with patches and Aqua Seal any longer. I would buy a pair of Wicked Tough Waders tomorrow if I could get them.

Never had one of their rods but they were very nice to look at and I would imagine worked very well.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;