View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 06:13 AM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Value of a Fly Tying Class

i have 30+ years of tying and i still take an occasional tying class (winged wet flies or new england/rangely streamers for example). its well worth the money and like you say flytying doesnt get taught on you tube videos. i wish i still lived in the denver area. there are so many fly shops that you could visit one and catch a demo tying session almost every week. no fly shops in southeastern connecticut.

dont get me wrong, you tube videos are an excellent source for tying fly patterns but very few of them actually identify or teach you techniques. they are simply fly tying videos that assumes you know how to tie flies.

another thing that burns my a$$ about you tube videos is they seem to be more of an obnoxious music video with a little fly tying in the background rather than an actual fly tying video.

peace

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/