View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 11:02 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Matching Rod to Reel

I prefer a reel to be a little on the heavy side than too light. Even on a single handed little trout rod I dislike the sensation of gravity wanting my tip to drop when I am just standing there waiting for the fish rise again. Some current reels are so skeletonized that they are too light for their designated line size and I have to got up a size to get the feel I like. No mater, I have never been a fan of diminutive reels anyway. Another concern is, when I attended Somerset a few weeks ago, many of the super light weight reels also lacked torsional rigidity. A few I handled felt like I could crush them in my hands. I do like rods with low perceived swing weights as long as sufficient power is built into them but some of the newer reels have really gone overboard in the too light and too flexible direction.

PS: Chi, did you check out the CFO "T" pillar image I posted for you in the old CFO thread?