Thread: Water Safety
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 06:19 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Water Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
Last fall, I was out fishing a stretch that I have fished many times and was quite familiar with...or so I thought.

As I went to cross the river to get to fish some new structure I saw, the water went from waist deep to much deeper than I am tall within 1 step. It was a straight drop that caught me completely off guard.

Naturally, this meant water filling my waders and the current quickly moving me down stream.

I stayed calm, turned on to my back and swam towards shore trying to keep my path on a 45 degree angle to the shore. In less than minute, my feet were touching ground again as I was able to stand up.

The key to my success here was a tight wading belt and staying calm. Those two things are the number one safety devices that I have.
That's exactly what has happened to me. Twice on the lower Provo. Same damn spot too. Ya think I'd have learned. Never did panic, kind of giggled once my giblets got used to the cold water. Bobbing like a cork until I floated into shore.