View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Rio Skagit Flight VersiTip System

I had a multi tip short head for my first Spey line (55) head. I found that casting 15' sinking tips was way more work than I wanted to mess with. I use this; http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...spey-line.html Scroll to the bottom below the pictures for the leader formula. For 20 years I used this set up for streamer fishing with my single hand rods.

When it came to Spey casting streamers I was running with the herd, doing whatever the herd did. But like I said sink tips were a hassle. So I made myself a leader for my spey line and it is all I have used for the past three years. If you need to get flies down you use the leader as described, if you are fishing shallow you remove the lead head. Before you start wondering if they'll cast I'll tell you that once used to the leaders you will cast fine. I can boom out a 90 foot cast and turn the leader & fly over like a dry fly line. In the end the choice is yours, when I spot a question that I have found an answer to I share what I found.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;