View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Nostalgia of Bamboo Rods

I have 4 of them and I think that's all I'll need unless I get Bill (wt bash) to build me a 12' light Spey from cane. What I can tell you is that bamboo slows your whole experience down. With a small stream rod like my #3 line flea rod the casting is slow motion. The loops are easy and pin point accurate when you lay a little Bi-Visible into a tiny pocket in a mountain brook. I only have 3 of them here with me; one is left in Colorado at my sisters home for when I visit. It is an 8'6" #5 rod custom made by a man named Schoures in the 50's.

With the 8' #6 rod fishing a feather wing streamer is almost metaphysical naturalism at its peak for a fisherman.

My 1964 8'10" Light Salmon #8 rod is a powerful tool that leaves the gentle properties of the flea and the 6 weight behind. It will power heavy flies into a head wind and bring big strong fish to bear with authority.

This is the 8' #6 Ron White Custom with my Nine Three ready for some grayling.
Click the image to open in full size.

The #8 Light Salmon with 30 pounds of silver salmon;

The rods lead to the reels, this is the Hardy Princess I bought for the 8' #6 in 1993.

Finally my little gem, the flea by Ron White also.

There is just something about the wood rods that brings them dear to you when you use them. They cast a spell as well as a fly line.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;