View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 11:05 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Nostalgia of Bamboo Rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
With the 8' #6 rod fishing a feather wing streamer is almost metaphysical naturalism at its peak for a fisherman.
You won't find a better answer than that. Metaphysical naturalism, it truly is a very organic experience. People who, myself included, came up fishing graphite and even glass can be put off by the first cast. Even a faster taper will load deeply, there is so much mass behind the rod it has to flex that deep. The casting stroke is about as relaxed as you can get, you don't cast them you move them the right way and they cast for you. The hollow built rods are faster and have a more modern feel but thats not what I look for in a cane rod. Take a 15' mono leader and a dry fly, tie it on a modern graphite rod (no fly line out) and try to get it to turn over accurately chances are its not going to be to easy. Do the same with split cane and its like silk.

Oh its in the works Ard! By summer you'll have my first two hander based on the Black Beauty.