View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 03:17 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Lake Michigan - Traverse City area

I'm hoping there are a number of anglers here who can provide a little insight for me. I'm planning a trip up there with a few friends in early-mid June to do some carp fishing, probably in Wilderness State Park assuming that is a good idea. Judging from what I've seen on Google Earth, there appears to be a plethora of flats to be waded for carp and smallies.

My questions for the people who have been to the area are:

1) Is Wilderness State Park worth consideration, or should we head further south into the Traverse City area for better wade fishing? This is a complete do-it-yourself type of trip for us, and right now we aren't planning on hiring a guide.
2) Any specific flies you would recommend? Color patterns that seem to work well in the clear water?

3) Other than camping in the state park, are there any other beach-front campsites that you would recommend that would put us near good fishing?

4) Any other recommendations for this trip?