View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 04:23 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rod Length Controversy

Back to the Old Story "Horses for Courses".
I have at Present Rods from 7'9" to 10ft,they are of course for different applications,I am in The process of Building a 10'6' Switch Rod,even though i find difficulties in Netting Fish with my 10' Rods I am curious to see how they go over here..
For years I used an Old Heavy Fibreglass in a 9'6" then I moved back to an early 8'6" Carbon Fibre,now with The introduction of Light High Modulus Carbon Fibre as Larry Kennedy mentioned The Longer Rods have become Lighter I find The best length for my style of Fishing to be 9'6".
Many people now use The Switch & The Spey Rods because they are not only Lighter Than The Old Salmon Rods of yesteryears,greater Length Casts Can be still Made,larger Flies are mainly used,more Water can be covered & made axcessable.
Brian.