View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:23 PM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rod Length Controversy

Back to the Old Story "Horses for Courses".
I have at Present Rods from 7'9" to 10ft,they are of course for different applications,I am in The process of Building a 10'6' Switch Rod,even though i find difficulties in Netting Fish with my 10' Rods I am curious to see how they go over here..
For years I used an Old Heavy Fibreglass in a 9'6" then I moved back to an early 8'6" Carbon Fibre,now with The introduction of Light High Modulus Carbon Fibre as Larry Kennedy mentioned The Longer Rods have become Lighter I find The best length for my style of Fishing to be 9'6".
Many people now use The Switch & The Spey Rods because they are not only Lighter Than The Old Salmon Rods of yesteryears,greater Length Casts Can be still Made,larger Flies are mainly used,more Water can be covered & made axcessable.
Brian.