View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:30 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: impact of rod color?

I feel for the poor Scott confused by Yanks obsession with fly rod color. He, after all, comes from a serious country where they put the label on the Famous Grouse upside down so it will read correctly at the public house when a dram is pulled. In fact, I think I'll join you for a couple, Eddie.

Now an old chum of mine used to build rods from graphite blanks but would paint them a rich bamboo tan. From a little distance he expected, other Catskill fly fishers would see him casting his little cane rod huge distances. "Man alive, there is I gentleman that can really get the most out of fine cane, he expected the old timer downstream would be thinking.