View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:30 PM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of
Default Re: impact of rod color?

I feel for the poor Scott confused by Yanks obsession with fly rod color. He, after all, comes from a serious country where they put the label on the Famous Grouse upside down so it will read correctly at the public house when a dram is pulled. In fact, I think I'll join you for a couple, Eddie.

Now an old chum of mine used to build rods from graphite blanks but would paint them a rich bamboo tan. From a little distance he expected, other Catskill fly fishers would see him casting his little cane rod huge distances. "Man alive, there is I gentleman that can really get the most out of fine cane, he expected the old timer downstream would be thinking.