Thread: Wet Streamers
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 06:47 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Wet Streamers

IMO, it's never a good idea to place a wet fly in a fly box with other flies. That's a good way to get rusty hooks. I usually stick them in my hat, ( debarbed hooks of course) or if fishing from a watercraft I have a foam block I stick them in to dry. A drying patch is a good idea too.

You can quick dry them with silica powder, which is or at least used to be sold for drying dry flies. It's simply a finer form of silica gel desiccants, which is used to keep moisture away from a lot of things. If the fly is too large to fit in the container that the powder comes in, then a larger container would be needed.

I save those small bags of silica gel when I get them & keep several in fly boxes & boxes of hooks to help prevent rusting.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!