Thread: Wet Streamers
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 07:47 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wet Streamers

IMO, it's never a good idea to place a wet fly in a fly box with other flies. That's a good way to get rusty hooks. I usually stick them in my hat, ( debarbed hooks of course) or if fishing from a watercraft I have a foam block I stick them in to dry. A drying patch is a good idea too.

You can quick dry them with silica powder, which is or at least used to be sold for drying dry flies. It's simply a finer form of silica gel desiccants, which is used to keep moisture away from a lot of things. If the fly is too large to fit in the container that the powder comes in, then a larger container would be needed.

I save those small bags of silica gel when I get them & keep several in fly boxes & boxes of hooks to help prevent rusting.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!