View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 07:37 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It all Finally came together!

Congratulations! That's a wonderful thing when you're able to put the pieces of the fly fishing puzzle together. Your story is interesting because I actually learned to nymph first before the dry fly route. Back when I started this, I was like you, pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. There was no internet back then so my learning was mostly reading or watching others on the streams. I decided to book a lesson with a fly shop and that was my game changing experience.

Nymphing he suggested, was more of a challenge to learn than dries, so we focused on that. If you enjoy it, it is an incredibly productive way to fish. When conditions warrant, I love throwing streamers and dries but I always enjoy nymphing. There's another discussion going on about the book Dynamic Nymphing. There are some very good tips and techniques in there and worth a read in my opinion. It's not a sit down and read cover to cover book, but a little at a time and great to have as reference.

Glad to hear you had a successful day on the water!