View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 11:03 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Some Advice

These guys have given you good advice. I don't think you'd want the Flyweight, it's very small at 2.5 diameter and very light at 2.7 so says the Hardy webstite:

Hardy Fly - Products - Reels - Classic Reels - Lightweight Reels

I just put my LRH on the scale and loaded up with roughly 200 +/- yards of backing and WF3 Rio Gold it weighs in at an even 5.0 oz on the nose. I intend to use this on a recently acquired 389 Sage SLT. Its a great balance on that particular rod.

The Featherweight is not that much different in weight, so unless you want to throw more backing on a reel or prefer a larger size, you'll be in good shape with the one you chose. That's going to be a sweet setup, congratulations.