View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 03:54 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Value of a Fly Tying Class

We all learn differently some ways are better than others. Books for me were how I cut my teeth, I taught myself how to tie. The boom of the internet has helped due to some really good videos. Some of the videos are just plain awful as flytire said. I've taken a couple of hands on courses and those experiences are the ones I've learned the most from.

Beginning tier or not, I'm of the opinion that lessons are money well spent if there are things you want to work on, new types of patterns or are just looking to confirm what you're doing is right. When you have a chance to take a class from someone who's really good at tying like Charlie, I wouldn't think twice about it. You're lucky you've got him in your backyard.