View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Midwest Fly Patterns Question (please dont be too upset)

There is a very good book for that area. It's called "Fly Fishing the Arrowhead" by Shawn Perich.

One of the best wet flies he mentions is the Professor. I have had a few others that are bigger names mention that fly also. It's about the only fly in the book he does not give a recipe for. I have tied them and have the recipe if you decide to tie them.

I have a list of them here someplace in case you can't find the book, but I don't know where I stuck it right this minute. I'll look for it.

Hares ear nymph was on the list. The Arrowhead. I would put the Adams on it. He had a mink leech I liked a lot on it. I'll think about it and look for the list. It was a friends book and I copied the fly recipes out of it when I first moved to Minnesota.

In the mean time, the same guy made this list on the web; Northern Wilds: North Country Favorite Flies