View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 05:00 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TFO Lefty Kreh Professional or Redington Classic Trout?

Fished last two days with my new CT , 8 1/2 , 3wt. It is a great rod and I love it.

You coined the best phrase for slow and medium actions rods I've heard yet,,they feel ALIVE ! That has been just the word I've been looking for to describe why I do not really like fast actions rods,,they do not have that 'alive' feeling. It's like you are standing outside the picture casting in,,,with a rod like the CT,,you are IN that picture and feeling every bump.

My TFO , BVK is a fine rod, well made, cast a mile. But it's something a bass tourney converted to fly fisherman might like. I guess it has it's place, but I know already I'll use it less than any rod I own. I do not know much about the feel of the slower TFO's,,,just my one BVK. But you can NOT go wrong with a CT. Have two, love'em both.

Good luck,,and never feel that you HAVE to grow out of relaxed actions rods. Lot's of great fly fishermen prefer them and always will.

Michael