View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:32 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Value of a Fly Tying Class

With tying classes in mind, anyone in the general area of MD, there is an event that has been here for several years called Tiefest. This year it's called Lefty Kreh's Tiefest in honor of Lefty who has been a part of it from the beginning. The event date is Saturday, March 9, 2013.

I've attended a few years & have never been disappointed. I have no vested interest, other than to pass along that it's an awesome opportunity for anyone interested in tying! The times I've attended, Lefty & a few others have also given casting demonstrations & instruction.

If anyone on this forum would like to be able to sit down with some extremely talented and well known tiers, then it's a must see event. In years past the event was free, but has out grown the various locations, so an admission fee is being charged. It's $10 for anyone who is not under 16, or a CCA member. If you become a CCA member, the $10 is put towards that membership. It's a great deal either way.

This is an event that is not for profit, but is as event the organizers started to get fly tiers together to learn & share their knowledge, and of course that includes getting more folks interested in this sport & sharing with them. Other than perhaps some of the Federation Of Fly Fishers conclaves, you would be hard pressed to find another group of such talented tiers in one place, where you can actually spend time sitting & talking with them.

There are some vendors who attend and support this event too.

Here's the information which is also posted on the CCA MD website:
Lefty Kreh’s Tiefest 2013

When: March 9, 2013 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
Where: Prospect Bay Country Club
313 Prospect Bay Drive West
Grasonville,MD 21638
USA

Cost: Free for CCA Members and kids under 16 $10 for non members
tony@ccamd.org

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!