View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 08:39 PM

troutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to all
Default Re: Need Some Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
I have this 376-4 ZXL I had it paired with a Lamson Purist. Key word in that sentence was had. The purist was to light , it felt funny. I recently bought and old Ross Rhythm (4.3oz I believe). It is a tad heavy but the balance feels night and day better.

I think the purist was around 2.5oz or so before backing and SA textured trout .....way to light IMO
Interesting comment for me. I was in the process of picking out a reel for my 376-4 ZXL and was taking a serious look at the Waterworks Lamson Purist. After talking to the local fly shop I changed my mind and decided to hold off. I turned 180 deg. and took a hard look at the Hardy line. From the feedback I received here at the forum I decided to buy the "Featherweight". I think I am going to be very happy with the decision. I recently sold the only Hardy I had and kick myself for it.