View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 06:24 AM

troutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Need Some Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtliving View Post
Very interesting and timely thread. I have exactly the same rod, 3 weight, 7'6'' ZXL, for the same game. They were on sale all over the place. I just got a lamson waterworks litespeed 1.5 for it. and loaded it with 100 yds of 20lb. backing and the SA Mastery trout WF4F line. I just finished putting it on and then saw this thread. I think I'm on the right track, as the Hardy reel recommended here looks comparable in size (the 1.5 is 3.45 oz.).
jt,funny you should mention the 1.5 Litespeed on your ZXL, because that is what I presently have on mine. I was just looking for an excuse to buy more gear due to the fever I have had for the last few weeks (cabin). I'm sure that I will be all right when I get some fresh air. I really like that 1.5,as well as my Speedster, Velocity, ST. John, Battenkill. Wow, the fever is coming back, I better lay low.