View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 11:59 AM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Float tubers....ASSEMBLEEEEEE!

I grew up flyfishing from float tubes here in Texas and it an awesome way to fish!!! Fly rods and float tubes are a marriage made in heaven. Now I getting my sons hooked on this. We all just jump in and spread out. They are learning quick how to handle their own snags/tangles/fish landing/etc. Motors always starts, no trailer, no paddle, whell bearings, rack,..... required. Forget the depth finder (we use our fly rod for that).

I've always felt the slow nature of them makes you cover water more throughly than with boat or kayak in effect to becomes a benefit. You can't go fast so might as well give it a cast while moving. Wind isn't the problem for keeping your position that is can be in a canoe/kayak/ boat. I can spin on a dime in tight areas to to cover all the water.

From the picture below of my older son (wish I was that skinney again!!) in early Nov last year it is clear we go "wet" (no waders) which makes the call of nature easy to address. Just a pair of cutoffs or swimsuit.

Nothing like a long Saturday chasing Bass & brim with bugs & poppers. Sometimes you get a spooky chill when a fish on the stringer kind of slides up to your bare leg.

Pete A.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.