View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 12:53 PM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of
Default Re: SAGE ONE: Looking for thoughts...

I have not cast either the 8 1/2'/#4 or 5. In that length I might favor the 4 and stick to 9' for the 5. Given the opportunity I would, as I often recomend, cast them at a fly shop. I did cast the 8'9"/#4 Circa and while lovely and super slender for a fan of deliberate action rods it is what we called back when a "wet fly" action rod as opposed to ONE's "dry fly" action.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

I should add, in keeping with this thread's Helios content, that the new H2 8 1/2'/#4 will be out by trout season and I was told in both a mid and tip-flex version. The H1 mid-flex only rod in that size was the Helios sweet spot and if the new one is improved as much as the new #5's are (light of day better), it is a potential contender. Also I anticipate Clutch Fly Rods model in that size may be available by spring too. Many new rods to look forward to. I don't recall if we have done a forum thread on rod model line "sweet spots" but they absolutly exist.