View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 05:22 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Down-locking reel seats threaded vs. slip rings?

Hey there,

Well, I've been waiting for about 6 weeks for my reel seat from REC for the XP build that started talking about with you all back in December - and I just got word that is on it's way! Sheesh, it was supposed to be my winter project and now I'm going to have to work hard to get it done by spring fishing season...

o well

Anyway, during the long wait I went ahead and ordered another blank, an 11' 3/4wt. It was really cheap and I figured what the heck, I've been thinking about a loong nymph rod for a while. So I'm going to put it together with inexpensive components and gain a little more experience.

So I want a down-locking seat on this thing to help keep the tip up a little bit. The only threaded down-locking seats I've found are from Struble and PacBay, which is fine, I'm just wondering if there aren't any others out there. Of course there are slip ring seats but I always think of those for small rods.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.