Thread: John Merwin
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 02:39 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John Merwin

Ah God, my heart just broke.

As a kid I couldn't afford to buy the magazines but had a tiny Library a long walk away. Place was tiny, but the 'Head Librarian' was one heck of a lady.

'Convinced' her to subscribe to the magazine (and a few others like Popular Science, etc) and I'd spend hours in there every afternoon doing my 'home work,' reading the stories and just dream.

"Some day, Some day ...."

Ever had a Librarian make you a Peanut and Jelly sandwich and bring you a glass of milk? Hand you a 'book' and 'You should read this and tell me what you think.'

I wander again, but a solid start from someone who saw something?

My first Mentor? Me thinks.

fae