View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Abel Trout or Creek?

I'm with MoJo on the Hardy's,

I've had some of the newer reels since they started engraving House of Hardy on them instead of the old script found on the baked finish reels of the last century and they are just fine.

The reason I go with them for issues of weight reflects back to around 2000 when I was considering a reel for a little 3wt graphite rod. I wanted to go with a Galvan or one of the other large arbor 2/3wts but was taken aback when I began to find that all of these tiny reels weighed at least 4.5 oz or more. I know that some have gotten with weight watchers over the past ten years but the Hardy Flyweight was and is still one of the lightest reels out there.

Another thing that came to mind while I was shopping was that when using a three weight rod and reel, how many times would disc drag and backing capacity be an issue. Not. So I got myself a nice old Fly and quit worrying about the new reels.

I did however find the Flyweight to be so small that it seemed almost a toy sized reel. I only used it a few times before selling both the rod & reel. It seems that the rig was quite redundant since I had a 3wt cane rod with a nice Featherweight on it. The Feather at least looked like a real fly reel not a novelty item.