View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 02:23 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rods breaking on first use

Quote:
Originally Posted by plecain View Post
I'm sure they (any manufacturers) don't test every one.
Usually it's some sort of statistical sampling.
Any manufacturing process is going to have some level of defects. The trick is to keep the level 'acceptable' and to have a system in place to handle the defective units that get through.
As you might expect, this manufacturer did have a good system in place. I got a new rod.
Good point, they can't even if they wanted too.

By dumb luck, and a very ... as usual .. early up and caught a 'fishing show' as I was doing what I had to do on the lap top ... Don't go there, strictly business.

And the show was a Lamiglas Love Affair. No issue with that at all. Last 10 minutes was a video tour through their plant (Woodland, WA) and how they build a rod. Guys/Gals obviously knew what the heck they were doing, but the time it took to pull a graf-sheet to end product was 'Holy Cow!' Took longer to 'cook' the new blank than it did to do every thing else to build the thing.

All of it 'hand labor,' one tick off in the process and you've got a 'problem rod?'

That aside, the number of 'problem rods' I've experienced can be counted on the fingers of one hand .... and you have fingers left. Three maybe over decades?