View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 11:42 PM

petee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Down-locking reel seats threaded vs. slip rings?

Lemke seats.

The one on the right is his down locking. The one on the left is his Titanium Spey seat. I turn my own inserts, but he offers inserts at an additional up charge.

Click the image to open in full size.

Not sure if I can give out the contact information on the forum since Joel and his distributor aren't sponsors so you can shoot me a PM, unless I hear its ok to post it. Sorry, Lemke seats aren't the cheapest on the market.... just one of the best. I don't usually do the cheapest route. Too many cheap seats have the plating start coming off.

Sliding band on smaller rods. I will put a sliding band on a four weight if the customer wants it, but usually I stick with three weight and under. And you also want one with a three degree bevel on the slider to keep the edge from cutting into the reel foot and it also adds more surface area to the bite. At least that's what I was taught when I started turning my own wedding band hardware.

Lots of personal opinion in my post.

Pete

Last edited by petee; 02-24-2013 at 01:15 AM.