View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 04:06 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Abel Trout or Creek?

Flyweight or Featherweight. He couldn't go wrong for that price.

The reel should balance the rod out with a normal grip. Meaning where you consistently grip your rod, with the correct reel, it should balance out. No tip or butt heavy. Pedro (and golfers) called it swing weight. My spey rod has a 9+ oz reel on it. The rod is well balanced. If I put the reel on a lighter rod, it would plain suck.
When you get a good balanced outfit, it feels good right from the start, and you'll know it.
Pocono, I knew what you meant. Able is a good reel, but if I had the money to buy one, it would be for a 4w on up I think. Love the painted Abel's but can't afford it.
And as for the Bougle. Good choice. I'd love one. But it's not in the list of ff'ing priorities right now.