View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 11:29 AM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Oklahoma-OntheFlyGal-New to Fly Fishing

SNIP//
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I have never taken valium
SNIP//

So Dan.... you don't tie and/ or fish While on valium? The valium is the best part of fly fishing for me.

To get back on track- Welcome careyrn! As for your planned trips-- I second the option of hiring a guide for the day.

Another good thing to do (and I am surprised that nobody has suggested this) is to hit a local fly shop (or two) in the area once you arrive and talk with them about patterns that are working and then buy a dozen or two. You will get local insider info on whats working (flies, gear, technique, etc.) and you will be supporting the local economy and the fly industry.

Flies won't put a ton of money into the shops coffers, so I also like to buy a 'souvenir' or two--(It doesn't have to be a high dollar new rod-- I always look at a shirt, hat, new line, that net that you'd been considering, etc.)