View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 06:24 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whose pets love their feathers and fur?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim5589 View Post
My dog has a bunch of chew toys. We're careful about what we get for her. Most are made from natural materials such as raw hide, a few are a very tough plastic material. I worry about what she might ingest.

IMO, if you give the dog a real hide, and promote the chewing, they may not know the difference with any other similar material, so that could create problems with your other tying materials should the dog get the opportunity.

I also wouldn't give a tanned hide to my dog because of the chemicals used in tanning. May not ever be a problem, but I wouldn't want to take the chance.
My lab eats nuts and bolts in the garage when i lay them down....pukes them up with rocks and such..likes to eat deer and rabbit pellets.....been working on that problem...He does like fake fur..(teddy bear)..He has all dog toys and one good one is a all natural rubber horse shoe..
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..