View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 02:19 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Basic Dry Fly Setup

If you want to save a little money I highly suggest looking into furled leader and then using whatever line you need for tippet. I bought some leaders off Joni, and her leaders are amazing quality, I am in love with them and they lay out so nicely on the water.

I have never fished your area so I really can not comment, but most of the advice on here is good stuff. I personally never use any powders or gels. I just use the rubber trick to flick them around and dry them out. Works fine for me, and obviously once they get so wet it is just easier to swap it out with a new dry one.

Best of luck to you and dont worry about the language we are all adults here for the most part, I wouldnt go around cursing all the time on here, but I personally have been known to have a bit of a sailors mouth, many people claim it is lack of vocabulary, but that is far from the truth for me, I just think it makes my sentences more interesting hahahaha

Best of luck out there, and remember to always have fun, whether you are catching or not. Most of us do this for the stress relief, if I wanted to be stressed fishing I wouldnt leave my office lol

Stu