View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Anyone use ProBond paste?

The long wait is over, I finally received my reel seat in the mail over the weekend. I had bought some 15 minutes ProBond from Mudhole back when I ordered cork, to give it a try.

They say that you don't have to be as exacting with the 1:1 mix, which is good because it's like mixing peanut butter with honey. I scooped out about a teaspoon of each and mixed it thoroughly and glued the seat and insert together. A couple hours later it was setting but still gooey. And this is the 15 minute set time stuff, not the 24 hour. So I pulled it apart while I could and went to bed.

This morning the left over glob on the insert was hard but it came off in one chunk. I guess I'll try again tonight and mix a larger amount and let it cure in a warmer place, my basement is pretty cool, but still, after all the positive reviews I've read about the stuff, I am a little disappointed. It was supposed to be easier than mixing two part liquid and set up very hard.

Anyone have experience with ProBond paste?