View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Albright Products

I bought the 15' 10/11 two hander from them for either $84 or $89 during one of those end of the year closeout sales. I'll tell you right now that you can't build the handle for $89. While they might be doing what I see as a bad idea with the all of their marketing strategy, they do have some amazing deals once in a while.

If you read through other threads and posts about them you can see why their marketing strategy is a bad one. Most of what is said about Albright is kind of wrong. It has been unfortunately a psycological fallout of what Albright is doing to itself.

Now let me tell you about my Albright. There is not a thing wrong with the quality of the rod. I have used the heck out of it and love it a lot. The action is perfect and I have made all of my longest casts on this rod. In fact you expect to see this kind of performance out of something like a Meiser or other top end rod.

Seriously, I couldn't buy enough good cork at wholesale to duplicate the grip in this rod for what I paid for the whole rod. Last time I bought real good cork for a two hander, my 14' T & T, it cost me almost a hundred bucks in just the dang cork and it was not a bit better than what's in my Albright.
Click the image to open in full size.
I did make the grips a bit more fancy, but the actual cost of the just plain cork was more than $89.

I think the trend here has been to unfairly rate Albright. I think their idiotic sales plan has led to a self inflicted image resulting in what you read before this post, but as dumb as their sales strategy is, it does not take away from their rods. Nor their other stuff for that matter. During the closeouts sale this year my friend Bill bought a new set of waders and wading boots. There is nothing wrong with either one of them either. In fact you could not buy a pair of lousy K-Mart tennis shoes for what he paid for the wading boots. I looked them over really well and they had a leather/cordura construction with heavy stiching. Nice soles. Very well made. I have yet to see anything to complain about their stuff.

That all being said, if you are going to fully take advantage of the really poor management going on over at Albright, buy from them at the end of the year. That is if they don't go under before then thanks to the seriously poor management problems they have.

My 15' 10/11 Albright two hander. I love this rod.

I almost forgot, I bought a reel from them also. It is a really nice reel. Got it at the the end of the year closeout sale. Can't beat it.

Last edited by Guest1; 02-25-2013 at 12:56 PM.