View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hand tied leaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I do that all the time and I haven't noticed that it matters.
I do it all the time as well. I have also never noticed a difference. I can only add to that in that I have had a lot of my leaders tested and have not had knot failures.

I generally use ANDE Tournament line to build leaders. I go 10lb differences in knots all the time and have not seen a problem. The difference between 20 and 30 for example is way more than .002". In fact I would flat out disregard that. Seriously, to build the 15' leaders I use for two hand rods following that rule would be about what? 40 pieces of line? Even if you could find the right lines to fill that in which I doubt.