View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 04:20 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hand tied leaders

I like to fish with rods that other people wouldn't waste their time with. Antiquated reels. Factory second lines.
But I don't cheap out on my leaders.
Your leader is your contact with the fish. The only thing that's as important is having a sharp hook.

I do use a straight mono leader for poppers, and a 3 section leader in the salt is fine. But with dry fly fishing the most important aspect is the presentation and a drag free drift. And that's only going to happen with a well designed leader.

Last edited by Rip Tide; 02-25-2013 at 04:39 PM.