View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 07:46 AM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rods breaking on first use

This is why I would be very content with a "materials and workmanship" rod warranty instead of the great added expense of a "lifetime warranty". Unless there is a fundamental flaw which would show up quickly, a fly rod is not going to break unless we users perform an error and why should the rod company cover us for that? I once picked up a very interesting, super lightweight rod at a manufacturer's booth at a fishing show; gave it the wiggle test and it snapped in my hands! I am not that strong and what I did is what any of us would do but the maker looked at me with daggers in his eye and the group of interested fellow anglers...faded away. Turns out there was a batch of rods that had been baked at the wrong temperature and the next batch where great rods; but PR damage had been done.