View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 08:03 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Clutch - New Fly Rod Company

I would not have written Clutch up for our forum were they a couple of nice guys wrapping somebody else's blanks. These men are really into designing tapers for the specific application a given rod length and line weight would be used for. This is why they are slow in releasing new models; there is no formulamatic process. They do, as I said, employ quality craftsmanship like a custom wrapper would do but the heart of any fly rod is the taper design in harmony with the materials and construction technique. I have no issue with a small company buying or even having blanks custom built from Gary Loomis's NFC or any other quality source but the appeal of Clutch is they are performing this seminal act themselves...and doing it with personality.