View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 12:01 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snake rolls, with no space behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Ok Fred so for spey or single hand, I'm river left and at the dangle now do I make my lift and then a counter clockwise motion with the rod tip towards the bank, the line touches down and then make my forward cast?
River left (facing the river, waters flowing from your right to your left) the entire cast would be 'clock wise.' River right the cast is counter clock wise.

Only problem for most right handed casters/river left is the SR is (physically) very awkward to pull off. Takes a hell of a lot of practice to get comfortable doing same UNLESS you have your left hand on the top cork. What's going on is your upper body is getting in the way.

'Cack-handed' casting is a non-starter with the Snake Roll. Better to do a Snap T or Circle Cast (which is almost the same thing).

Fred

Edit to add a thought about 1hander rods and the SR. The cast is physically taxing with your non-dominate (rightie or leftie) arm. Skip the rod, just stand up and make the casting motion with both arms ... you'll see what I mean.
fae